WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
7 quarts of Spaghetti sauce in the pressure cooker now. The wife cooked those 2 bushel of tomatoes down to almost paste, but it smells soooo good.
Wow! How long did it take to cook down 2 bushel? I did 2 Qt. the other day and it seems like it took forever.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Boogity said:
FarmerJamie said:
7 quarts of Spaghetti sauce in the pressure cooker now. The wife cooked those 2 bushel of tomatoes down to almost paste, but it smells soooo good.
Wow! How long did it take to cook down 2 bushel? I did 2 Qt. the other day and it seems like it took forever.
My lovely wife, God love her, :love , spent all night tending to it. We had to get the maters processed before they started to spoil, and she thought it would only take a few hours. (I wanted to just clean and cut them up and toss in the freezer for later, but I was overuled.)

Took about 12 hours.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Beanie: fig preserves recipe please?!?

Moolie: antipasto recipe??

:D

I'm making the beet relish this weekend, too!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lol, it's from the Bernardin Guide to Home Preserving but I also found it on the Bernardin website:

Vegetable Antipasto

I also found another antipasto recipe that looks interesting that I might try as well: Antipasto Relish

chicken stalker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
soooo 200 ears of corn followed me home from the farmers market. Besides relish and just canning it plain anyone have some good recipes I can can up.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
chicken stalker said:
soooo 200 ears of corn followed me home from the farmers market. Besides relish and just canning it plain anyone have some good recipes I can can up.
YOu can make corn cob syrup. We just finished the las t jar from lst year. It had crystallized a bit on the bottom, but it was still good, and tasty. http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3090

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Finally finished the Chinese Plum Sauce from the Joy of Pickling book. Nom nom nom!

Tomorrow, abi and I are making spaghetti sauce.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That must have been a hellashious deal to get that many ears. Processing all that is gonna be a pain, but what a good feeling when you are done!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday: 18 pints of applesauce, and that was starting it, then 5YO putting gash into her head, turning off cooking apples, taking daughter to ER for staples, coming home and finishing cooking and then canning.