WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's great about your canning! You are going to get so much good food put up.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yesterday I canned up those tough cockerels and of course I used a quart jar of it tonight to make chicken and dumplings. My family said it was the best I ever made and let me tell you, my boys like their chicken and dumplings. I can't wait for DH to get some good deals at work on chicken breast fillets of 20 lbs for $22. Half the time he forgets about the sale or doesn't want to wait to pick up the meat. Uggg! I still haven't had a chance to check on those jars my friend/neighbor told me about but I will probably go by there this weekend. I can't really can anything else until I get some more jars and lids.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's fantastic. Chicken and dumplings sounds good right now. It's certainly the right weather for it.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm going to take my life in my hands this weekend and can up several pints of milk. :D

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh yes..It turned out great...

20170106_171917.jpg

They are wrapped in parchment paper. When they are opened up there is a little fat at the bottom of each piece. I just press it with a paper towel and the bacon is perfect. I use it for my husbands breakfast sandwich most days....

I have a collection of bacon in the freezer that I have paid about $2.00 a pound..I try to can it all in one day... Next up is chuck roasts.....

Last edited:

Latest posts