WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@baymule you need to post your Hot Pepper Butter recipe on this thread. I am definitely make some of that this summer as soon as I can get enough hot peppers.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule you need to post your Hot Pepper Butter recipe on this thread. I am definitely make some of that this summer as soon as I can get enough hot peppers.
?? I've made hot pepper jelly and canned cowboy candy, which is hot peppers canned in a heavy syrup, but where did I post hot pepper butter? I'm lost here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score

?? I've made hot pepper jelly and canned cowboy candy, which is hot peppers canned in a heavy syrup, but where did I post hot pepper butter? I'm lost here.

That was me! :D I'll do that as soon as I can...will be gone all day today but will get around to it.

All my hot and sweet wax peppers germinated! :weee If all goes well this year as they grow, if they produce enough, I'll be having me some fire jam in those jars! :drool

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry @baymule I guess you came to mind because of you're a Texan. @Beekissed I know everyone will appreciate it. Sorry I gave Baymule the credit for it, lol.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just canned 7 quarts of red kidney beans and 6 quarts and a pint of pintos. I also did another batch of strawberry preserves. They didn't set up very good. I used liquid pectin for the first time. The Wildbunch will eat it anyway. I'm sure after setting in the refrigerator it will set better. Either way we will not let it go to waste.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Wildbunch loves their pickles. Especially bread and butter. One of my sons will only eat dill. I'm hope to put up some more this summer. We go through them fast.