WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, today I removed the dehydrated green peppers from the unit and got two bags of figs from frig. Way too ripe, so made fig preserves. Wanted to do some but not really today....5 pints. Plenty for ME -- I don't do a lot of toast or jelly but, will tomorrow AM.

0815171611a.jpg

I'll be given more figs Thurs thru Sun...my friend picks for me. Will dry those. Have about 3 qts already but trees still pumping them out. 2 huge trees. Wish I could move them here -- she does also. They are like candy when dried.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I made 7 quarts of dill pickles using Mrs. Wage's mix. Comes in a pouch. I followed directions exactly. If DH doesn't like them I'm done and will sneak cucumbers to the goats instead of useing them. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So, today I removed the dehydrated green peppers from the unit and got two bags of figs from frig. Way too ripe, so made fig preserves. Wanted to do some but not really today....5 pints. Plenty for ME -- I don't do a lot of toast or jelly but, will tomorrow AM.

View attachment 4309

I'll be given more figs Thurs thru Sun...my friend picks for me. Will dry those. Have about 3 qts already but trees still pumping them out. 2 huge trees. Wish I could move them here -- she does also. They are like candy when dried.

How can your stovetop be so CLEAN when you've been canning?! :eek:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only those 5 pints...wiped it off before the pic. :cool:

Just finished the eggplant breaded slices. Ran out of breading, so just cubed and sauted with salt, garlic, Italian seasoning mix for last cuts and will use ... in sauce, etc.

Pickles...good deal. I've heard the Mrs Wages mix is good. Hey, if not you just won't be able to explain why the plants keep dying. o_O Otherwise, find someone near who makes pickles he likes & trade them for BLUEBERRIES. I give my friend my small & odd shaped eggs for her figs. She even picks them for me! LOL We are both happy with it.