WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are supposed to get down to 29 on Tuesday; low 30's all the rest of this week.

We picked 55+ lbs of yellow plums on Thursday. I couldn't do anything with them until Saturday. I've got one load of 10lbs in the freeze dryer and a second load waiting in the freezer. One load of 25lbs in the dehydrator- the last tray is plum leather. I canned 7 half-pints of spiced plum jam and I have another batch of plums waiting to go- I need another packet of liquid pectin for that. The rest, about 3 lbs, was given to friends and neighbors. We had about 1/2 cup of jam leftover from canning and had that on pancakes for breakfast this morning.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - that's quite a haul! Oh...and ugh on the cold weather. October is too early for cold (at least here).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can't even imagine having access to that much fresh tuna!!! What a huge blessing! I LOVE tuna and I haven't even had any of the good stuff.

Have to break down and can some tomatoes as I've run out of room in the freezer to store them until canning time. I hadn't wanted to can in all of this heat but I think I'm going to have to come Friday.

Surprised at just how many tomatoes I DID get out of this garden this year....didn't think it would be that much, so very pleased at that.

Getting ready to clean out this garden for the year and start hauling chips to put on it in November.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's abacore tuna, so they are a smaller tuna. These weighed in at about 25 pounds each. Caught off the coast here. Hubby was going to go tuna fishing but the trip kept getting cancelled because of weather.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Tomato soup! Surprised at having a crop enough to make some soup, but I do and so I will. LOVE this tomato soup recipe and hope to improve on my last year's attempts at it this year.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tomato soup! Surprised at having a crop enough to make some soup, but I do and so I will. LOVE this tomato soup recipe and hope to improve on my last year's attempts at it this year.

Can you share? I'd like to make a bit of soup with the last of these tomatoes.

Lol CAN you share. Ha.