WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No canning....but, cleaning up the free jars. Now THAT lead to how many jars do I have🤔. Once I got a pretty close count (400 ish) I went to, darn -- how many lids???😬🤨

While I'm good plus for these to fill...only 1/2 way to cover all for next yr. Guess I'll buy a few more.😔. Certain not all jars of canned food will be eaten but, doughtful for next yr supply on shelf of supplies. Bad place to be thinking that far out for such a thing. :he

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I’m putting up vinegar jalapeños, cranberries, and possibly apple butter. Because I usually have vinegar left over after the jalapeños I’m thinking about doing a jar of sliced onion covered in the remaining vinegar. See what happens. I’m also wondering about putting up candied orange peels. But I can’t find a recipe I like, all I can find is marmalade. Could I just put a simple syrup over cleaned and diced orange peel and water bath it? Would that work?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Today I’m putting up vinegar jalapeños, cranberries, and possibly apple butter. Because I usually have vinegar left over after the jalapeños I’m thinking about doing a jar of sliced onion covered in the remaining vinegar. See what happens. I’m also wondering about putting up candied orange peels. But I can’t find a recipe I like, all I can find is marmalade. Could I just put a simple syrup over cleaned and diced orange peel and water bath it? Would that work?
Not orange peels, but this is on the list

Attachments

• 20220510_185826.jpg
    20220510_185826.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220510_185838.jpg
    20220510_185838.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 60

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No canning....but, cleaning up the free jars. Now THAT lead to how many jars do I have🤔. Once I got a pretty close count (400 ish) I went to, darn -- how many lids???😬🤨

While I'm good plus for these to fill...only 1/2 way to cover all for next yr. Guess I'll buy a few more.😔. Certain not all jars of canned food will be eaten but, doughtful for next yr supply on shelf of supplies. Bad place to be thinking that far out for such a thing. :he
i have jars stuffed all over the place. closets, under beds, etc. not even gonna try and count. lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
;). I went a couple yrs not gardening or canning. When I packed jars I labeled box with content by count. So it wasn't but the now loose ones I had to do a lot more than check labels. Not bad.😊. Just wanted to stop buying. OR get what needed!

I'm feeling settled. Sorta.🤔🤣🤣. Gotta be a stop point?? 🤞🤷