WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have never been able to get the jar top vac sealer to work properly. Never got a good seal. Not sure my new sealer will even run it, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Charro bean soup. About to re-load with ground beef.

I have never been able to get the jar top vac sealer to work properly. Never got a good seal. Not sure my new sealer will even run it, lol.
If you haven't already tried this, it might help. Sometimes if you turn another lid upside down on top of the one you want to seal - it'll work.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nothing today, but will be freezing some yellow tomatoes until the rest turn so that I can make some yellow tomato jam!

Will be canning up some green beans here in the next couple days, just normal green beans nothing fancy

i have some purple beans sitting on the counter waiting for me to trim and steam them. there's no way i consider any sort of fresh bean as anything less than yummy. :) happy canning!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Vacuum sealed 6 pounds of dried white beans last night. My first 6 half gallon jars are full of onions and beans.

Putting in a bulk order at the market tonight
Order has been placed...corn, red onions, hot yellow peppers. Hopefully we will find lima beans, okra, and jalapeños this weekend