WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dry erase marker is a great idea. I used to keep a inventory list by the freezer with a pencil but no one would mark off or write anything but me.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The "where" is my issue too!
I also need to cure some bacon. Almost butcher time for another pig so we need to eat what's in there now!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of relish but DH loves the stuff. I do find it handy for potato salad, deviled eggs, tuna and egg salad for sandwiches though. I will probably make up a few more jars before summer is over. It used a lot more cucumbers than I expected. Of course this is a good thing when you have a whole crate of cukes to put up.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Terri.

I canned some pinto beans last week and I would like to can some more and some more pickled cabbage since I just opened my last jar last night but I am really low on lids so it will need to wait until I make a trip to Wally World.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a steam juicer so I've not done juice any way but with it. My great Aunt has a vineyard of different grapes. Wine, juice, and table, so if I make it down I get a lot. I prefer concord or muscat. Did up 88 quarts one year.