WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That's a beautiful shelf of jars! :love

I'm jealous of your cucumbers! I don't think any of my cucumber plants survived in my garden this year. Are you willing to share your pickle recipe? I'm looking for a no heat recipe. DH was happy with my 50% water 50% vinegar no heat pickles, but then he didn't like the spice blend. The previous batch he didn't like the texture but he liked the spice blend. ... I used the same spices both times.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, all those jars of produce looks amazing! And the pickles… :drool Any chance you can charm your wife into sharing her relish recipe?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never heard of adding any leaves but grape so thanks for sharing.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never heard of adding any leaves but grape so thanks for sharing.

Yeah have a look here --> http://www.wildfermentation.com/making-sour-pickles-2/#0 there's some really good info there expecially the user comments at the bottom of the page. I may be showing my age... But do you remember the neighborhood stores of days long gone and the big barrel of whole dill sours they had where you opened the lid and fished out the one you wanted with a pair of tongs? Those dill sours we're always in a oak barrel :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nope, can't get pics to load from my phone sadly...I have some awesome pics on my phone too that I'd love to be able to share but...Nope :(

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I really like it too, hadn't noticed it before now.