WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
G ~ I just saw a flyer for Henrys....peaches .39 a Lb. I have found though that they are often not ripe when that cheap so I am going to go check it out.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No there not. I bought about 15 lbs today. I plan to can the on Sat. I figure thats the best I will be able to do this year. My friend bought some early in the week she said they ripened in a couple days. I know it's not the same as ripening on the tree but they are locally grown.

g

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
3 quarts tomatoes 1 pint of tomatoes and 3 quarts of tomato juice - actually yesterday.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I bought 3 bushels of peaches today, $0.36/lb. Then, my brother called to say he's bringing us a half bushel tomorrow as a thank you for all the sweet corn we put him with him. Canning is my future!

Hollyrose

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Let's see
- I canned 3 quarts plus 4- 8 ounce jars of pickles
- 1/2 pint of Plum/Nectarine butter and 3- 8 ounce jars

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I refuse to can in this weather....but my box of raw in-shell peanuts arrived!!!! :weee
Oh, I gave in. I filled a five gallon pail with peanuts and water so now I have to can tomorrow no matter what! :rolleyes: They were mocking me! What was I to do???

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I canned 14 quarts of boiled peanuts, and had enough left over to boil some up for eating now.....good thing all the jars sealed, or I'd be eating a LOT of peanuts!

Latest posts