WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Five quarts of tomatoes with a hot pepper in each jar! 1 quart of tomato juice and a half pint of salsa that my hubby made! (We snarfed the rest fresh!)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Finally I canned something!

5 Pints beef stock
5 Pints chicken stock

Feels good to hear those little pings!
But someone please remind me in the chill of January, that it would be a good time to start in on the stock making/ stock canning for the season....not August :he

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
9 quarts zucchini salsa
1 pint zucch salsa
5 pints carrots
9 quarts green beans

and dehydrated green peppers lol

Firefyter-Emt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, tonight's batches... 13 quarts of peaches! That was a lot of work peeling, cutting and prepping! It's 1:30am and I am tired!

(I also washed, sorted, and bagged 24 cups of blueberries! (16 cups bagged in 4 cup measurements in the freezer)

We had just one whole peach left over from the hot pack syrup and I tasted it already. My word are they good still hot! ;)

81809.jpg

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Did you buy your peaches or grow them? They are beautiful!

My peaches did not do very well this year due to a late freeze.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Those peaches look great. I have to buy mine this year. This week their on sale 3 lbs for 99 cents. got to get to the store today. :barnie

Firefyter-Emt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, lets just say that I did not grow them and those may be the worlds most expensive canned peaches! My wife and I thought it would be nice to take the kids to the orchard and pick peaches & blueberries. Well, $87.00 later and the sinking feeling that this will never break even... here we are! Also from this batch was 7 pints of peach jam, 6 of those tiny ones and lost of kids eating peaches. We have maybe a dozen left.

We do have two apple trees and a pear tree on the property, but they have all grown way too big. I "might" be able to save the pear tree and one apple, but the other one is about 50 feet tall! :rolleyes:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Those peaches look great. I have to buy mine this year. This week their on sale 3 lbs for 99 cents. got to get to the store today. :barnie
Where?!
I have been wanting to make some for MIL.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Frazier Farms for me!! They have double adds on Tues and Wed end of one week start of another. So the peaches should still be there today. I have to pin a note on my shirt or I'll forget. Von's has them this week at 59 cents a pound. Not as good of a deal but the sale will last for another week.

good luck. g