WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bay, your tomatoes are awesome to see!

I picked my first grape tomatoes this AM....while not as huge, they were first homegrowns in 4 yrs, so I am thrilled. Lots more on the vines. I carried them inside to take a pic for remembering....promptly ate them!

I cropped the pic to make them look bigger :cool: :lol:
0713171046.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Today I canned tomatoes. This year, I am growing the biggest, prettiest tomatoes I have ever grown! I canned Cherokee Purple tomatoes into spaghetti sauce and got 6 pints. I canned the Rosso Sicilian into sauce and got 4 pints. I poured the water off both batches and canned that tomato water for cooking water and got 6 pints.

View attachment 3480

View attachment 3481

View attachment 3482

Very pretty, Bay! Do you think the BTE method is causing these large and lush tomatoes for you? You oughta enter that one in the P of the W!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I canned 5 half-pints of blueberry syrup. I also made 2 half pints of cblueberry-cinnamon freezer syrup. Our garden is not producing much of anything this year, but our blueberries are thriving! Lots of blueberry canning in my near future - too much to freeze.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've thought about buying blueberries from the Dollar Tree and dehydrating for muffins and pancakes.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I neeeeed to get the strawberry jam done. They are passed their prime. I took the best ones for freezing but I need a block of time without the toddler so I can make sure the water bath timing doesn't get interrupted. And I'm also so tired in the evening!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yummy jelly. Of course if you heat it up you can still pour over pancakes or ice cream. I still have a lot of frozen strawberries I need to make into jelly. I might try dehydrating some.