Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20200703_143142.jpg

BlackBerry jelly

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Will do. I ran across it on Rebel Canners. It makes sense that it can be done, b/c when you buy pumpkin or squash pie filling, it's a very thick puree. So, why not potato or carrot chunks? One poster said she did carrot and potato, along with some Onion Soup Mix. Sounds like an instant base for a great soup. She said it tastes just like the veggies that have been cooked all day with a roast beef.

it can be done, but low acid chunky stuff requires pressure canning and very much so at the right temperature for the right length of time. the removing of liquid means that there would be less heat transfer so if you don't see adjustments for more time as compared to what would be done in a more full jar with liquid in it i'd be suspicious of that recipe/procedure.

i much prefer to err on the side of safe when it comes down to low-acid canning of any kind. that is why we don't do it (we don't have a pressure cooker of any kind).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful! And you have a great set-up there. And two big ole All American canners....regular assembly line there.

Is that a separate area set up for canning?? Are you that lucky?? :D

You seem to be having a really bountiful season from your gardening efforts. If I remember, in the very beginning, you had a few concerns. Appears you have been blessed with a nice turn around.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beautiful! And you have a great set-up there. And two big ole All American canners....regular assembly line there.

Is that a separate area set up for canning?? Are you that lucky?? :D

You seem to be having a really bountiful season from your gardening efforts. If I remember, in the very beginning, you had a few concerns. Appears you have been blessed with a nice turn around.
Yes, we are being blessed. It's looking more fruitful everyday! I will be canning a lot I think.

Yes, we can on our screened in porch. I have a gas stove, and work space outside where I work. The All American canners are life savers. They are the best. Well worth the money. When you pick two clothes baskets of green beans to can I use them both.

Latest posts