WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
10 min left on 6pt & 1 qt of turkey broth! Cats are thrilled with a whole lot of meat/fats off the carcass I stewed. What a mess to clean šŸ„“šŸ˜± makes a qt of Swanson look fantastic! :lol: :lol:

the house must have smelled wonderful! :) i love turkey soup simmering...

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Iā€™m waiting for them to bring beef home from the butcher. Iā€™ll can a lot of stew meat and hamburger then. I need to can a bunch of potatoes too. Itā€™s such a godsend to have canned food on the shelf when Iā€™m ______ (too sick, in pain, exhausted, lazy, ornery, forgot to take anything out of the freezer) to cook! :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So true...canned and ready! šŸ˜ :drool not to mention actually having food. Once we grow it, raise it, preserve it and don't have to shop -- that's perfect.

I'm a seed saver but, even buying seed/plants, it's cost effective to garden. So long as the garden produces, of course šŸ˜‚

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife and I had an in depth discussion about canning for this year. We found a great deal on a Presto electric canner (should arrive today?).

She wants to make smaller batches of soup to can up. I was concerned the monster canner would be overkill for small batches. So we decided on a device with great reviews.

And of course, the local grocery store has a BOGO sale on fresh mushrooms. This may be the maiden voyage of the canner later this week.