WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah....:weee tonight I pickled zucchini and cucs straight from the garden. I had everything I needed jars, seasonings, seals and lids. No cost. 6 pints pickled zucc & onions. 4 pints kosher dill spears. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Does anyone know if ACV needs to be refrigerated after opening. I usually have much smaller containers and keep them in the fridge. I opened a gallon jug for pickles tonight. Not sure if it will fit in the fridge. Just wondering.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Tonight I canned my first pickles of the year. Well, cucumber pickles. I have already pickled asparagus, beets, and turnips.
658_cucumbers_002.jpg

I have more cucumbers, but I ran out of vinegar, so they have to wait until tomorrow.

The two on the end are bread and butter pickles, which I have never eaten or made before. But I read about them on here enough that I wanted to try them.

Here is my first jam of the season, strawberry. I love these little 1/2c. jars. I feel like I have made much more than I really have.
658_strawberries_003.jpg

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Does anyone know if ACV needs to be refrigerated after opening. I usually have much smaller containers and keep them in the fridge. I opened a gallon jug for pickles tonight. Not sure if it will fit in the fridge. Just wondering.
Tank, check the label, it may say whether or not the product needs refrigerated.

Usually vinegar does not require refrigeration. I never refrigerate it.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Keljonma. That was the first thing I did and could not find the "refrigerate after opening " anywhere. It stayed on the counter so we will see.

:)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Made strawberry jam out of some strawberries left from last year. Had enough strawberries for 3 pint and 4 half-pint jars. DH was on his last jar of strawberry jam I made last year, so it was time to make more.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a neighbor call last night. He is going out of town and had a bag of pickling cucs and wanted me to have them. I picked them up this am and made 12 pints of dill stacker's. They were a bit over grown so I figured this would be perfect. I told him I would take them and give some pickles back to him in return. worked out pretty good for me. :D

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Dehydrated:
another quart red bell pepper slices
another pint celery tops/leaves
another pint zucchini quarters (for stews, soups)
another quart of apple rings
another pint parsley

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Dehydrated:
another quart red bell pepper slices
another pint celery tops/leaves
another pint zucchini quarters (for stews, soups)
another quart of apple rings
another pint parsley
Went to the local grocer today and found 4# of bananas for 49 cents!!

I'll be making banana chips later today. :drool