WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome
Hey @thefunnyfarm, hope you enjoy this site as much as I do,and yes these are a great bunch of people, with like minded thinking and much knowledge.

Iam sure you will be a welcome addition.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome @thefunnyfarm! Glad to have another person to share ideas with us. I love this place . I sure have met some great people on here. I have learned so much from them.:):):)

@thefunnyfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys, I have heard some say they were canning boiled peanuts. I sell boiled peanuts so i make huge batches like 40 qt pots full at time and have never thought about canning them. So I was wanting to know how do you can the finished fully boiled product or could you so you could just open and eat and if so could you use the seasoned water in the jars? we sell cajun and reg and cajun season cost more to make and would love to save that liquid.
Thanks in advance

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
@thefunnyfarm said:
I have a question for you guys, I have heard some say they were canning boiled peanuts. I sell boiled peanuts so i make huge batches like 40 qt pots full at time and have never thought about canning them. So I was wanting to know how do you can the finished fully boiled product or could you so you could just open and eat and if so could you use the seasoned water in the jars? we sell cajun and reg and cajun season cost more to make and would love to save that liquid.
Thanks in advance
Hi!! Here is a link to freemotion's canned boiled peanuts: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3082 (She lacto ferments/soaks them first.)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Two days of awesome canning !

14 quarts meatloaf
5 quarts spicy chicken, cabbage and Asian soup
14 quarts turkey vegetable soup
10 quarts turkey stock

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
First I want to say Hi to all the regulars and then I would like to say welcome to all the new comers, This is a wonderful site!!! I do have a question! I made jellies for the first time in my life this years(I'm 49!), everyone loves my Jalapeno and my Cranberry Jalapeno Jellies and my Pineapple Habnero Marmalade!!!! My questions are, do any of you live in Oklahoma and do you know what I need to do to sell my products legally here at farmers markets or roadside stands or from me on an order situation!!! Any ideas as to pricing? Thanks so much, Lynn

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Yesterday I canned I think it was 14 quarts of cabbage soup (the kind that is supposed to help you lose weight).

Today, I squeezed 100 or so Meyer lemons and canned 27 quarts of lemonade concentrate. To some, I added culinary lavender, which I adore. I processed it a little bit longer than 15 minutes, probably about 30.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thank you ! I had some for dinner. Too late, I realized that the bit that I left uncanned, I also neglected to finish cooking the dried beans! A bit of crunch in your soup doesn't hurt !

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It would be great to get lemons like that. Wow I DO love lemons! Leave it to you to learn how to can the concentrate! :clap