WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I canned 2 quarts and 8 pints of cherry preserves, 2 quarts and 1pint of cherry syrup. (Cherries were in the freezer from August.) DH licked That pot so clean I could have put it back in the cupboard!

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I canned 4 pints of chicken breast, 5 pints of pork, 2 pints and 2 half pints of beef. I still have lots of pork to can tomorrow. I got it on sale for .99 a pound. :) Couldn't pass it up.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yum! Love $.99 pork! We made sausage from the last pork sale. I have one jar of cubes left from the sale before that. :drool

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
A very dear friend brought over 28 quart and 6 pint jars for me today. Someone had given them to her and she doesn't can. So, I pulled some meat out of the staging area (freezer) and made and browned turkey sausage patties a la Jackie Clay (49 cents a pound) and now am browning and canning bratwurst (89 cents for 5 quarter pound links) and am setting up to can applesauce over the weekend. I feel like I have come alive again !!!!

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply..I canned split pea soup. Googled...canning split pea soup. Paul Noll came up with step-by-step instructions for different soups. Fun

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
A very dear friend brought over 28 quart and 6 pint jars for me today. Someone had given them to her and she doesn't can. So, I pulled some meat out of the staging area (freezer) and made and browned turkey sausage patties a la Jackie Clay (49 cents a pound) and now am browning and canning bratwurst (89 cents for 5 quarter pound links) and am setting up to can applesauce over the weekend. I feel like I have come alive again !!!!
That was nice of your friend. Wow.. 49 cents a pound , what a great deal!

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
I canned 3 quarts and 3 pints of ham, 1 quart of pork chops and 1 pint of short ribs (for sauce).
How did you can your ham? Did you fry it first and then put it in the jars? Did you add water to it?