WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
That's why I asked! I have never run across a half gallon jar. You are really blessed !!!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They are out there I just got another case I already have 4 cases :hide they are really addicting size for storage and fermenting. I paid 6.75 on sale, I was super excited at that price. Right now I have Peach and Cherry cordial that I am making for Christmas gifts in them. I also make up Ice tea concentrate for my hubby so it's always available for him to make a glass of sweet tea after a long day at work :D

DawnSuiter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
They are out there I just got another case I already have 4 cases :hide they are really addicting size for storage and fermenting. I paid 6.75 on sale, I was super excited at that price. Right now I have Peach and Cherry cordial that I am making for Christmas gifts in them. I also make up Ice tea concentrate for my hubby so it's always available for him to make a glass of sweet tea after a long day at work :D
I'd love your guidance on the ice tea concentrate... I can't seem to get it right here..... what another GREAT idea

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I wish I had some when I made the strawberry lemonade concentrate! All I had were pints, so I have to use several to make drinks for a group, like on Father's Day !!!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I measure the water by using the 1/2 gal. jar when it's empty pouring into a medium saucepan, boil the water and throw in a pinch of baking soda to alleviate any bitterness. Remove from heat, I use family size tea bags 6-8 of them and let steep for 15 minutes, remove the bags without squeezing them and add your desired amount of sugar (stir until dissolved), I use raw sugar about a cups worth, my husband would like about 2 cups worth :rolleyes: so it really depends on your tastes. Sometimes I will throw in some lemon slices if I have it. To make the tea we just fill a glass with ice add half tea half water give it a stir and enjoy!
We prefer Luzianne tea brand over others ;)
I store these in my fridge, I guess I did not make that clear, I have not sealed these to be shelf stable :p

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a great idea! Do you store the concentrate in the fridge, or do you can it?

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I wish I had some when I made the strawberry lemonade concentrate! All I had were pints, so I have to use several to make drinks for a group, like on Father's Day !!!
Do you mind sharing that recipe?