What are you making or fixing this spring?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I LOVE those swing/gliders! How tricky are they to build?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I LOVE those swing/gliders! How tricky are they to build?

Not a bit. Just build a swing and then hang it from a stand. It was easier for me as I had this old glider swing as a model/pattern to look at.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW. :th God surely gave you talent, CC. That's just beautiful!!! All that talent and purdy hair too...what more could a guy ask for? :D

Lol... My hair is gone off in the mail. I made it really easy on my daughter in laws friend who cut my hair. #3 on the clippers please. 5 minutes later I had no hair on my head and 10 ponytails in a ziplock baggie. Easy smeazy...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a can like that! Hmmmm…..my son is a framer & trim out, so I can "maybe" get a top cut. I like the end result!

Tell your wife we like her work. (Oh, the helper is pretty nice, too :lol: She has trained you well!)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More "oh honey" do.

So what do you do with a old wooden wire cable reel? What else... but make it into a farm for the grandkids to play with - duh...

Again I didn't see the "vision" just a old crappy cable reel :(

IMG_20180710_140734.jpg

IMG_20180710_140627.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Okay...so I know I don't need another project...I have several in the hopper right now. But...I couldn't resist. Habitat is having a contest to upcyle things...I don't even know for sure what the prizes are, but it didn't cost anything to enter other than the cost of the pieces to upcycle and you know I LOVE repurposing things!

So...anyhoo, they had a lime/fertilizer spreader there for $5 and they also had a completely broken rocking chair there for the same price...it was just there in pieces, some of them broken. I'm going to combine the two to form a patio planter. The bucket of the spreader is perfect depth and size for a planter, with drainage holes already there, has wheels I can place on the planter for moving it around if need be, and the rocking chair's finish was in such good condition I could see it all coming together in my head. A few problems are the color of the bucket...it's a dull, uninteresting red color and I don't know if I can put a good enough paint finish on it to change it and that won't peel off later on. And, also, the finish on the rocker parts is such a high gloss, baked on finish that it too will be difficult to change to another color.

I haven't decided just what color I want it to be, but it may have to be something that complements that red...I'm hoping for a fall color scheme so I can plant mums in it for the contest. Contest isn't until Oct.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got a spring project or a few? This is one of mine.

I’ve just about completed putting a new roof on this little garden shed. I’m using cedar shingles — a local product. I took this pic at the end of a work session. The job will be finished tomorrow, I expect.

Anyhow, started this thread to find out what others here are doing.

View attachment 7287

LOVE the looks of those on the large building next to your new shed...those are cedar siding shingles also, right? Your place is, as usual, very beautiful, Joel.

Got a few small projects that need doing...restoring/rebuilding an old Amish made glider, building a small replica of the same from a wooden youth bed for the girls, painting and restoring a small bedside stand/set of drawers for the girls.

Will also help my oldest son build a pallet playhouse and a pergola in his back yard. He wants to incorporate some natural elements by using logs with some branches intact for his support posts for that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a spring project or a few? This is one of mine.

I’ve just about completed putting a new roof on this little garden shed. I’m using cedar shingles — a local product. I took this pic at the end of a work session. The job will be finished tomorrow, I expect.

Anyhow, started this thread to find out what others here are doing.

View attachment 7287

Cedar Shakes.- Awesome! Did you split them of log cookies by yourself also?