What did you cook from scratch today?

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
VickiLynn said:
I found a recipe for Wheat Thins-type crackers while looking for healthful alternatives for DS's lunch box. They turned out good!
ohhhh do share I use to LOVE wheat thins...
Me too! I'd love to have the recipe.

Last night we had fajitas made from our own pastured pork, anaheim peppers and onions from our gardens. Toppings of homemade black bean & corn salsa and homemade sour cream.

Sides of refried beans made from homecanned pintos.... and storebought aromatic rice.

Hmmmm....better go low carb tonight. :D

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Last night made lentil soup with garden veggies and blue cornbread--yum!

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm going to try making those crackers. I LOVE wheat thins and have been wanting a good recipe for them. :)

Today I have made 4 loaves of wheat bread and one batch (4 dozen) chocolate chip cookies.

Later, I'm making apple juice and canning it. Also, canning chicken broth and making chicken soup and canning some.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You fine folks make me feel lazy!! lol I only have one loaf of cracked wheat bread in the oven today! But the smell of it cooking is making my tummy growl!
I might have to make some yogurt to drain for yo-cheeze today! Then bagels tomorrow.;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Well, I rarely cook anything that is not from scratch, but I just had a small brag for today. I finally masterd my sourdough starter, and made SD english muffins and SD Blueberry muffins. :celebrate Hopefully the sourdough bread will be easier for my gluten sensitive son to stomach. :fl

(for supper, it's crockpot chicken, mashed potatoes and brocolli with lemon and butter)

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today is home butchered chicken with home canned caramelized onion jam for a glaze, home grown green beans and new potatoes, and fresh baked bread the house already smells great! I'm also canning grape juice today and going to try and make zucchini candy if I have the time. Busy day!! :D

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
What's zucchini candy??? I can't decide if the thought of it sounds completely disgusting like the booger flavored jelly bellies or if it is the most ingenious way of using up zucchini ever :gig

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds terrible doesn't it? :D I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it tastes like gummy worms! I would love the opportunity to get my kids to eat more veggies! I got the recipe for both the candy and onion jam from here:

http://strayneedle.blogspot.com/

the candy is in august 2010, and under totally eat-able. :D