What did you cook from scratch today?

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday I made home made ice cream and brownies. Nothing healthy, but hubby had a really bad day on Saturday.

He was going to change the oil on the car and the jack slipped. Luckily he was not under the car at the time. He's guessing $2500 in damage: the radiator, air conditioner, fan, and other stuff I can't remember. Luckily the insurance will cover all but the deductible. I hate modern cars. Nothing can be fixed in your own garage anymore.

Annette

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Homemade chilli, banana chips, bread, dried peppers and tomatoes.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rhettsgreygal said:
Yesterday I made home made ice cream and brownies. Nothing healthy, but hubby had a really bad day on Saturday.

He was going to change the oil on the car and the jack slipped. Luckily he was not under the car at the time. He's guessing $2500 in damage: the radiator, air conditioner, fan, and other stuff I can't remember. Luckily the insurance will cover all but the deductible. I hate modern cars. Nothing can be fixed in your own garage anymore.

Annette
Lucky he wasn't under the car!

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Some critter ate the roots off my cabbages so stir fryed them up for supper. They were small and delicious.:)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sparks said:
Some critter ate the roots off my cabbages so stir fryed them up for supper. They were small and delicious.:)
You ate the critters!???? :lol:

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wish I would have, could have. Thanks for the laugh!:lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
justusnak said:
sparks said:
You ate the critters!???? :lol:
possibly possums????

justy coulda shot you some!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
;-)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
"Small" and delicious....I'd guess voles or mice...Mmmmm, crunchy! First time I saw my poodle eat a mouse, I thought it sounded like Doritoes! :lol:

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Had to host a lunch for some gal pals unexpectedly, so I did a Boston butt in the big crock pot, dried black beans in the medium crock pot and some brown rice with carrots, corn and peas in the small crock pot. Also, homemade chewy molasses cookies.

The entire meal came out of the pantry/freezer. Zero trips to the store for anything despite the short notice. I was pleased that I managed to pull it off without spending any unbudgeted cash and there will be plenty of leftovers for at least two, perhaps 3 more meals for us.