What did you cook from scratch today?

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Homemade chicken noodle soup for a sick kiddo. But she is feeling much better now and even ask if she was going to school tomorrow. YAHHH...

homemade chicken noodle soup kicks bugs butt again!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Homemade chicken soup is magic :D

I made pork chops in mushroom sauce. It is in the slowcooker. It will be ready for munching tomorrow :D

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shrimp Jambalaya in the crock pot, gonna use the leftover mushroom rice from last night.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies... pineapple sweet and sour meatballs, with rice and salad. Forgot to make bread today though...too busy cleaning the house and rearranging stuff :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Refried black beans. I put them in to soak last week. They soaked (with a change of water) for 2 whole days before I had the chance to cook them up. Then they sat in the refridgerator for two more days :lol:
So while I was watching the pressure canner for 55 minutes anyway, I figured I might as well do someting constructive.
I finely cut up some bacon, choped some onions, cleaned 2 bulbs of garlic and cut up 2 peppers. I simmered them in bacon fat for a while, then added the beans a large spoonfull at a time, mashing them with a fork. The beans and corn (in the pressure canner) were done at about the same time. My house smells so good.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
MorelCabin--I want to eat at your house tonight!!

I made Swiss chard soup with the incredibly huge and beautiful chard a friend gave me today :)

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I'm making a bread bowl from my sour dough starter for a pot luck tomorrow. DF knows I'm dying over this wedding and so he's cooking tonight :love Steak and homemade mashed taters with homemade butter. MMMmmm!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
rice. Yep that's it...rice. I've been SLAVIN in the kitchen! :lol: Seriously, we have supper at church on Wednesdays ;) My sink is on strike...quit draining and I kinda broke it a little bit, so it's out of comission for a minute. :(

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm making an experiment. Pumpkin cookies with oatmeal and raisins.
Hubby has bell peppers in the dehydrator to use in scratch cooking this winter too.

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've been making road trip food! Pepperoni rolls and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Latest posts