CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's sooo dry here. Rained this past weekend finally, but headed for 96 degree weather this coming weekend. That is super hot for us! Supposed to be 41 tonight though, weird weather.

I work with some people in Canada. They are suffering @ 30 C / 86 F or so. Thought about you guys up there when they we're complaining

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
headed for 96 degree weather this coming weekend. That is super hot for us! Supposed to be 41 tonight though, weird weather.
That is probably hotter than we'll be... by a degree or so. Geeze - ya'll hang in there! I'd take that 41 though - in a heartbeat!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It's sooo dry here. Rained this past weekend finally, but headed for 96 degree weather this coming weekend. That is super hot for us! Supposed to be 41 tonight though, weird weather.
We get about there too at our hottest. Do y'all have humidity? We NEVER get that cool in June or July though. We save that until October.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it can get pretty humid here. Usually stays under 90 though, I'm dreading the upcoming weather! I don't know how you can all live in that kind of heat all summer!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it can get pretty humid here. Usually stays under 90 though, I'm dreading the upcoming weather! I don't know how you can all live in that kind of heat all summer!

Well... Once your blood thins out it's not all that bad... Apple cider vinegar helps also, I eat it a lot with southern meals like turnip greens tonight. I pack on the weight during winter then, sweat it off during the summer. I have to have two differnt waist sizes of jeans for the seasons, summer and winter.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am wanting to till garden before the weeds just take over!! Should be dry enough to do today -- PLUS -- overcast & cooler. Sure helps to work out there with those conditions.

We do get high humidity here. Today it will be nice...low 80s. They say mid 80s aver for this time. It has been 90s several days in a row, now a couple "aver" and Thur back in mid 90s again. HOT. You never know around here :D Personally, I feel it's more 90+ average, maybe those are the only days I remember! Home Sunday & worked outside but, took 2 showers because I couldn't stand myself at noon when I went in for lunch, then again at end of day!

I can tell you that it's hot enough that I spend a lot of time checking and topping off water troughs! If smaller ones, they have to be dumped and refilled as water can get bathwater warm. I make sure everyone has a shade area and they sure use it! Egg production is down with the heat -- chickens don't like heat, do better in cold.

Grass is so wet in mornings it's as if it has rained but, hasn't. Will mow yard today, gotta wait until afternoon or it just clogs up.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's warm and bone dry here, we're not even getting dew in the mornings. For us low 80's is HOT lol It doesn't happen here very often. Our summer highs are usually in the mid 70's at worst.

So far today I only watered the seeds I have out there and the sweet peas, as I didn't water them yesterday. The small plants are going to get a drink this evening when it's cooler.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's nice! I have tiny pepper seedlings! lol They took forever to come up...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the second strong thunder storm with horizontal rain and strong winds to roll through today. Looks like a third less strong storm is right behind #2. I may just have to go out and staple my plants roots into the ground so the don't float away.

73 degrees hey atleast it's cool :)

Screenshot_2018-06-26-17-20-22.png