lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WooHoo I finally have a fence around my garden. It is a conglomeration of different types of wire and such but it's up! I planted my tomato and pepper plants this a.m. and hill up around the potatoes. I also tucked a half dozen sweet potato plants in here and there. I will be going to the store later for some seed. Since I can't have a pretty garden maybe it will be productive at least!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Whew. Put 8 more loads of compost in the greenhouse and a load of woodchips under the grape arbor. It is hot out and I'm not used to it. Planting soon, maybe some tomorrow. It takes a little longer for the soil to warm up under the woodchip mulch, but that is ok because the plants catch up and pass those planted in soil with no mulch. In my experience.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Planted some lettuce, carrots and beets. My daughter got a little um... Overly helpful with the seeds. My husband gets frustrated because he's an obsessive gardener but I am so not... And she enjoys it, lol. So we just plant when he's not home... Works better for everyone:lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you got in the garden! I love to see kiddos helping and who cares if the plants are neat and orderly and in a straight line!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Worked in my son's tiny town BTE today. Got the wire up on the arbor but still have to finish out the top, hung the new gate, got the lettuce and broccoli sets planted into the landscaping material of what will be a tiny low tunnel.

Planted Fortex beans, Boston pickler cukes, more zinnias, more marigolds, yellow str. squash, Crimson sweet watermelon. Even transplanted a nice little volunteer tomato to the proper place. Will put in maters, onions and peppers soon enough and also more lettuce in the tunnel. Fed and watered everything.

I'm building wooden trellising for their porch for the clematis and honeysuckle I planted in the fall, which now need a place to climb. Hope to work on that more tomorrow.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
@Beekissed Do you inter plant the flowers with your vegetables? I love to add the marigolds, and I also like Cosmos too. Good for insects, and I think marigolds repel nematodes. Not to mention that they are beautiful.