Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about the weather starting on Friday, so I cut all of my lemongrass and lemon verbena to the soil and dried them.

It hit 29 last night. Experience tells me that would have killed them. So Im very glad.

I can't get them to overwinter inside so I treat them as annuals.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dug purple sweet potatoes. Reasonable harvest for this climate. Now, to figure out how to cure and store them. Still to go: 2 rows of potatoes, plus some extras that were tucked here and there. Onions, chard, squash, a couple zucchini, and a pile of tomatoes. My back is singing a song of lament right now. Expect a killing frost tonight.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
put some gardens to sleep for the winter and picked some dry beans to get that garden ready for being weeded and put up too. more to do. busy day. sleepy. good night. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate those things. They can wipe out a huge plant in a day or so if not seen/found. Don't they glow at night?? Maybe a light on them or ??? Thought I read that somewhere.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate those things. They can wipe out a huge plant in a day or so if not seen/found. Don't they glow at night?? Maybe a light on them or ??? Thought I read that somewhere.

i find them best by checking early in the morning and looking for the droppings below the plants. we only had a few this season and they were much later than usual in appearing.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the first one I've had this year! The plant was beautiful yesterday and covered with blooms. Sigh....

I would loved to have found it this morning - but work beckoned.