tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I planted 7 flats of seeds. Several varieties of hollyhock, an unknown plant we liked at a previous home, english daisy, amaranth. Maybe something else, I don't remember it all.

DH and kids planted in the garden. Pepper, cabbage, tomato plants. Various seeds, I'm not sure since I haven't been planting much in there. I re-planted peas because they're germinating poorly or slowly. Looks like 2/3 the garden space is taken now.

I bought more potting soil today and impulsively bought 2 pots of hen and chicks too. One of my favorite plants. I think I got a good deal since they were both overflowing and trailing out of their pots. I hope they spread like crazy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Watcha bet DH's chickens tear it up?! They're scratching for and eating the sunflower seeds I planted this morning. :barnie

cover the seeds with wire? You can move it when the plants are about a foot tall. Small hoop tunnel --- old section of 2/4 welded or chicken wire even just bent into a V and set on top of area.

Fence HIS chickens out :hide

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I spent today mowing, digging out rocks, and mowing some more. Oh and did I mention mowing? I was on the mower 4 or 5 hours

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Beekissed I'm going to, asap. My landlady let me know that the family needs this house I'm in back, so I'm currently looking for a new home for us to move to as soon as DS finished his school year (end of June). I'm hoping to be able to move early July and once I'm in, I'm going to see about getting a garden started asap. All our seasons are so mild, I think I may get away with planting some stuff a touch late, but I'm going to plant "small" this year, just in case. And honestly, just for the joy of it and having a garden again. I really miss it!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's the trouble with having a landlord. You are at their mercy. I worry about ours putting us out. Right now he's trying to sell his house and he might decide to sell this one too.