tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More seeds arrived in the mail! Where am I going to put them?! I'm almost out of containers to plant in! Shall I order more? :gig

DH planted pumpkins, squashes and melons. He is mowing and dumping grass clipping in the garden! Yay! More mulch!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't do anything in the garden. We had 2 inches of rain from yesterday evening through this afternoon, so nothing much cam be done. So much rain this year. Funny how that works the year after the entire state was in severe drought. I'll take it!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I glanced at the garden before the beginning of my chaotic day lol, I'll have to pull more radishes and pick peppers next week the way it's growing.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked another big ol' zucchini and a yellow squash....along with... THREE GREEN BEANS!! Also noticed that the kale or was it the Swiss Chard(?) that I planted the other day is making an appearance.

Oh, and I put up a taller fence on the outside of the garden because Cowboy has been jumping into the garden so he can jump out the other side... Grrr

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Today I entered a new phase in gardening. Today I received a hoe that is not a tool, but a weapon. Truly...I could actually take out an opponent quite easily with this thing, it's that sharp. :ep

It sliced through Bermuda grass like a hot knife through butter, with the easiest of movements...it's a scuffle hoe. This was my Mother's Day present from my oldest son and DIL and I'm tickled pink with it! :weee :celebrate :woot :ya

Here's a pic of one.....

80S_scuffle_hoe_L.jpg

I've found that a traditional chop hoe doesn't work so well in this wood chip...either the chips block it from completing a good chop or it just moves the weed a bit over in the chip, where it roots again.

This scuffle hoe cuts the weed right off below the soil surface and moves through these chips like a torpedo through water. Here's a little vid on it in regular garden soil....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Awesome tool! I may need to find me one of those. Do you know where they bought it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Awesome tool! I may need to find me one of those. Do you know where they bought it?