CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watched 6" of snow fall on my garden today. Does that count? :gig. I have a thought time coping about now when you southerners are planting. I get jealous.

I have onion and celery seedlings in the window. I will start things started 6-8 weeks before last frost in the next two weeks.

Rain rain rain and yep you guessed it more rain. And what's forcast? What else... but more rain.

Screenshot_2018-04-01-00-44-52.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This has been one of the most unusually strange temperature "Springs" I've seen in years. Ya can't put the heavy jackets away, can't dress without many, many layers and don't leave the umbrella at home!! The roller coaster is depressing for getting started out there.

I am sue the peas can handle the snow, just don't think Tortoise really wants to....I sure don't!

I like the "old seeds for the chickens" planting. Hey, you can always transplant any plants that look promising. Sometimes the old seeds are good. I often spread them into a little patch of dirt to sprout -- if they still want -- then transplant. May get a few "free" plants. If not, oh well. :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's rough for ya'll. I couldn't do it...unless I lived there and I wouldn't have any choice I suppose, lol.

Slowly getting the little garden mulched. Hoping our drying trend gets ahead of the next rain chance which is Tues/Wed. I'd really like to get the big area leveled out and rowed up if possible before the storm. Doesn't leave me much time...and it's a race I might lose.

Seeds are sprouting, got a few tomatoes about to bloom. Things are rolling along!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We had snow in the forecast for today, but it's not cold enough (thank goodness for that!). I decided to wait another two weeks before I start planting seeds. I need to get the chickens sorted first anyway, or I'm not going to have a garden.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Weather wonky here too....one day this week is supposed to be up in the 70s, rain on and off, then patches of snow to happen this week too.

Peach trees are starting to bloom...hope they don't get frost burn from the weird weather.

Latest posts