frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked a nice zucchini and several more yellow squash along with a batch of green beans before work. I'll probably pick some jalapenos this afternoon. Oh - I've been picking a tomato here and there. They don't even make it inside, lol!

I found my Lima bean seeds so I'll finally get them in the dirt too. Yay!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Scattered epsom salts around all green things growing in the gardens.

Hope to plant some cukes and yellow squash today, plus more tomatoes. Also hope to get my low tunnel improved upon and back in action so I can put out my salad greens under there. I have some already growing in trays and also want to plant some per seed.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I weeded my vegetable garden and checked on the beds that are not showing signs of life yet. I'm very disappointed with the seeds I bought. None of the corn, or watermelon came up. And I lost the only two zucchinis that did. Replanted them a few days ago, put some more cauliflower seeds in the ground.. I need to put more corn in as well. I bought a slice of watermelon this evening and pulled the seeds out. I'm going to put them in pots with some of the shed compost and leave them in a warm place and see if they fare better. I stuck some mini pepper seeds and tomato seeds in the soil out there somewhere, so I have to be careful with the weeding and where I walk. I was rushing when I put the seeds down and after the rain I can't see exactly where I sowed stuff. Oh, ALL the potatoes I stuck in the soil are growing and looking great :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bet that pumpkin came up, Sumi, didn't it? Those things are incredibly hardy and germinate very well.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Bet that pumpkin came up, Sumi, didn't it? Those things are incredibly hardy and germinate very well.
Nothing yet, Bee. But I only put 3 seeds out and it has been cool mostly. I gathered up some pots yesterday and I'm going to fill them with shed compost today and put some pumpkin seeds in, along with the watermelon, and put them somewhere a bit more sheltered and warm. I have to have some pumpkins!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Planted some wildflower seeds all the way from Ireland! :love Then planted more cukes, the rest of the tomatoes that will fit on the number of trellises I have this year...have some very healthy, lovely mater plants left over I need to find a home for.

Ripped up some wild honeysuckle from those growing out from over my garden gate, will take these to my son's little garden and plant them by his trellises. He already has a huge pink honeysuckle I planted last year from one I got on sale at Lowe's at the end of the season, for $1.50...it grew like crazy and is much more healthy than mine, even. We had to put up more trellis for it, as it is starting to climb the porch furniture. I'll plant some of this wild right next to it, as the pink doesn't have a smell...but the wild honeysuckle has it in spades.

Will also plant some next to the garden gate arbor so we can get honeysuckle started there too....nothing like honeysuckle for smell and good climbing aspect. It also attracts hummingbirds, which is nice.

Planting more flowers to trays today too, hoping to have these for back up and to fill in thin spots where we direct seeded flowers into various garden spaces.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Planted some wildflower seeds all the way from Ireland! :love
I hope they will grow and bloom well for you! :hugs And on this side I'm going to give those awesome pumpkins of yours my best shot!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@sumi and @Beekissed , I think it's super cool that you traded!

@frustratedearthmother , you are picking zucchini and squash and tomatoes, and I finally got mine in the ground today!:ep But I'm behind this spring. Ive now got a fenced in garden to protect it from the dogs and chickens, covered it all in two year old non-sprayed hay, built several raised beds, and am finally filling those. Hot peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini were all planted today, and okra was separated and planted in bigger pots.. and we finally got some rain, so I'm rejoicing!:weee