@CrealCritter this is what I ordered and they are just starting to take off

Attachments

• 1653603261916257105801461398683.jpg
    1653603261916257105801461398683.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 49

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man who cuts my hay just came and talked about cutting tomorrow or Saturday. He's mainly a row crop farmer (corn and beans) but also cuts hay. He said by the time they could get in the fields, they were wide open. They figured they were a month behind and worked as long hours they could everyday and night and got caught up in 2 weeks, He looked tired, but was happy and still smiling. He said everything they planted is up.

if farming were easy everyone would be a farmer. My conclusion... It really takes a special kind of person to be a farmer.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can get contender beans locally.....advise if you need some sent!
Thanks but I'll need a little less than 1/2 pound so I'll just order them online. The way I look at it. If the blue lakes don't spout I'll till and sow contender. If the blue lakes do spout, then I'll have contenders for next year or maybe even second harvest this year 🤷‍♂️. Second harvest is a lot like second breakfast (Lord of the rings) 🤣

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I ordered 1/2 lb of early contender bush beans from Gurney's. These will usually produce 2 harvests a year around here, that is if I can get the timing right. I'm bound and determined to have green beans is year aren't I? 😂

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just got a 1 lb bag of Top Crop at the co-op for 6.99... they had 1/2 lb for 4.99.... I figure that they are usually always good for 2 or more years. Take the seed that is left, if any.... or take the package back to where you bought it or send it back to the company... most of them are pretty good at making good on any seeds that don't sprout...
I also picked up 3 small pkgs of purple beans; easy to find to pick... they are fun. I also like a green variety called Jade... very slender and very tender... Hoping the wax beans I planted will come up. They are 2020 seeds...
Got my new weedeater and going to go around the garden so I can get the electric netting up to keep the deer out... already seen hoof prints in the soil.... :barnie:somad.....

I can still get seed here too if you need it...
Got another cattle panel up for the tomatoes and still have 12 plants left over.... Wanted to get some winter squash, cucumbers, and cantaloupe in, but just didn't get to it today. Maybe this weekend and then get it all mulched... that will be a big job too... got to go around and get some of the old hay around where we stored it this winter... got a bunch of bags and cardboard down already so I can put the hay on top.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is their first year doing this, so who knows what's going to happen. No regs, not even a "I agree to..." type document. Not even a let's all get together and review expectations group meeting. Lolol.

markers, bring plenty of markers to make sure someone doesn't think the space you've worked hard on and planted isn't already taken.