What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
humidity is going to be high when the temperature is around the dewpoint. later in the day when it is both hot and humid is much much worse on us. there's some point with high enough heat and humidity where sweating doesn't cool the body off any more and that becomes very dangerous. be careful out there people!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone else use Clyde's Garden Planner? It's very handy and a time saver. Spring is on one side, fall on the other. It's kind of like a slide rule, set the last frost for spring or the first frost for fall and it tells you when to sow seeds indoors and set out or direct sow 👍
View attachment 19185

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Never used it but it looks neat....Where would you find one?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've done nothing, nothing, nothingggg. Oh, I think that is part of a song,lol Not sure either,lol But it does pretty much sums up my last 2 days,lol Too hot or too rainy :idunno

Last night a transformer blew right accross the street. Called around 10pm and they were here by midnight. Power back on. However, it trashed some appliances and cameras, :mad:

have to work on that but too hot to be doing anything. So, no tv at all becasue the dish box is not working either,lol The best part is that none of the garages door open either,:lol:
LIFE! it is a wonderful voyage, yet some still want to go to the moon and mars,:epI will stay here until my numnber is called!

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beans are coming up. Lettuce is almost ready. Radishes are ready.
20220614_173933.jpg
20220614_180829.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The peanuts are finally coming up but some critter keeps digging em up
chipmunks are awful in my garden this year. No cucumbers for me, I guess? It's probably not too late to start them again-again. It's so dang frustrating. I don't like pickles, so I'm not trying very hard with cucumbers. 🤷‍♀️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Weeded again , Ugh but got some maters, green beans and taters so it was a good day , The peanuts are finally coming up but some critter keeps digging em up

i planted squash seeds in a garden where crocuses have been growing so the chipmunks have come along and dug up all the crocuses to eat but in the process they're also digging up all the seeds in one of squash plantings so i've replanted and set out rat traps, but they're ignoring them so... i may not get any squash from that hill this season.