What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I taught the dogs to ignore them when they were puppies.

Male cat thinks he'll eventually catch one. He does sometimes get the starlings.

Female cat likes to flop down just out of freak out range and watch them. She doesn't hunt birds but is very good against rodents.

sometimes when i take a gardening break i'll sit and watch them or just sit near them so that they get used to me being there. i've also tried to throw them worms and bugs but i'm not sure i've ever seen them eat them. it would be great if they learned how to eat Japanese Beetles... i have a dream!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I talked to my neighbors about sweet potato slips. They showed me a thing that makes hills, it has wood handles. It looks like a plow but it's smaller and doesn't flip the soil, just mounds up the soil. It was originally designed to be pulled by a horse but it's been converted to be pulled by a 4 wheeler. Next week we'll give it a try see how it work. I volunteered to hang on to the handles. I have 4 50 foot rows to mound, 2 for sweet potatoes and 2 for regular potatoes. The way they talked it's shouldn't take long, we'll see. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Last edited: