What did you do in your garden today?

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So how do you seed your garden ?
Direct, Broadcast, Drill
I use a Cole Planet Jr . They are amazing!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
drill which is accomplished via minimal till (loosening the ground and then breaking it up a bit with a four prong cultivator), then i use a pointed hoe to drag the trench for the drill, drop in the seeds and then use the hoe to fill it back in and tamp it down. most of what i plant are beans so that works and i don't bother with strings or levels.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
weeded this morning for a while. not too bad out there, but i like to keep on top of things so that seeds don't get a chance to fall. hot, humid and sunny weather has returned.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
weeded this morning for a while. not too bad out there, but i like to keep on top of things so that seeds don't get a chance to fall. hot, humid and sunny weather has returned.
Hear you loud and clear! To the point that I weeded the onions bed, got 3 out, weeded along the peppers and tomatoes only on one side. Sun was to high in that area. Went back to tilling the third wall for the ducks run but nope, I gave up completely. Very tired plus heat and sun is not my combo at all. Looking at hard end of week. Tomorrow hub begins liquid diet,then some crap and Thursday his colonoscopy. This will put me back home by 9pm, to get some sleep and head back to the east of the state for a pulmonary test for me. I know it is a long drive but so far, it has been the best veteran health care I have found.
Have to take a picture of the Broccoli so you guys can tell me how do I get that huge thing out. Never seen Broccoli this big,lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finished picking the green bean row and my daughter in law picked some out of the other row. Then I called my neighbors told them which row was ready and they both said they will be over in the morning 😁

We could use some rain, so I'm watered the garden again. I guess these rows of green beans will keep on going as long as they get sprayed for bugs, got water, sunshine and no frost. We've picked enough for my wife and I. So the rest is free u-pick for family and neighbors.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I checked the first sweet potato plant. If this is any indication of what to expect. We planted at least 100 plants and have about 150 more feet of plants to pull. Time to bring in the veggie hauler. :th
IMG_20220824_145549017~2.jpg

My neighbor came to pick green beans off the other 50 row around 9am. He left to get lunch and drop off a mop bucket plus a grocery bag full to his wife to start working on. He returned after lunch and left about 3 PM with another heaping 5 gallon bucket full. He's raising 2 teen boys, you know how they eat 😂

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So how do you seed your garden ?
Direct, Broadcast, Drill
I use a Cole Planet Jr . They are amazing!!
With a hoe, tape measure and my bare hands. I don't like to wear gloves in the graden.

Last edited: