What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey lovelies! Mowed and mowed and then mowed some more,lol
Watered and let the animals out while mowing the back. 2 leghorns went to the neighbors side and would not come out for nothing in the world. Gave up after going in about 8ft of brush. Said, not worth getting shot for 2 hens and put everyone else in. Figure they would be eaten by an animal out there. Pecked one last time before leaving and they were like nothing happened. Stubborn leghorns!
Well got my hair done. Took hours to get it in that color but now I do not have to worry about coloring it anymore. Hub called me gandolf,lol Now, no more work outside until I get back from Indiana, lol.
IMG_20220901_225335.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I weeded around the fall Brussels and cabbages. Wife and daughter in law picked peppers and tomatoes. Then I watered the graden last night. Hope to till in-between the Brussels and Cabbages today and till the future strawberry and asparagus rows to inhibit weed growth as longs as I got the tiller out.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I checked my calendar, we haven't had any rain that amounted to anything for 4 weeks. The last storms that came though parted us like Moses at the red sea. Water to the north and water to the south but we remained dry. Because of no rain the soil is tight and hard and hard to till, but I got it done ✅ I managed to till deep enough to bring up some moist soil in the future strawberry and asparagus rows. That made me happy but I had to double till with the tiller on max depth to get to the moist soil. The garden wasn't near as dry.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter that is for next season, right?
Asparagus and strawberries yes. But they will be transplanted this fall after they go dormant. I've been growing them in kiddie pools screwed down to pallets since early spring. I started the asparagus from seed over winter indoors. I purchased the strawberry starts. I prefer to transplant perennials in the fall, after the go dormant, I think it's the best time. They popup in the spring and you're done. Plus I don't have to be conserned about water to get them established. Almighty takes care of that over winter and spring 👍

IMG_20220902_180717058~2.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good sprinkled with cinnamon, butter in the seed cup, bake at 400 in a shallow glass thingy, for an hour or untill for tender. After baking drizzle some honey over top 😋 I used to eat them with brown sugar but the old guy needs to watch his A1C and glucose.
IMG_20220902_191652157~2.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@CrealCritter nice, I wonder what can I start indoors. I don't have a lot of space inside but I have a table to put a two box cells of 72 each. I tried pumpkin but has never sprung. I also have a heat mat but need to check the seeds I have. I was also given a few walking Egyptian onions but don't know if I should put just outside or in a big cell.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good sprinkled with cinnamon, butter in the seed cup, bake at 400 in a shallow glass thingy, for an hour or untill for tender. After baking drizzle some honey over top 😋 I used to eat them with brown sugar but the old guy needs to watch his A1C and glucose.
View attachment 20142

Yum! I baked up 3 squash myself today- maple syrup instead of honey here!