What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Step 2 Farm Babe added diced onions and the ketchup spices right about 24 hours. I did the finger taste test, got the stink eye 😍

Cooking the ketchup on down @ 350 with the lid off. House smells so good πŸ‘
IMG_20220904_141651712.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are getting great rains today on and off, which is nice since I can go out and do chores in-between thunder storms πŸ‘ It's been so long since we've had rain that amounted to anything. I was having a hard time getting the brussels and cabbages to take but I know they will now. My watering is not free and is pathetic compared to Almighty's free water. Thank You Almighty πŸ‘

Brussels left 2 rows, cabbages right 2 rows. With the good soaking rains today, in a few days, it'll be a good time to pull any doubles and transplant where there are skips, then mulch in to grow on.
IMG_20220904_163750235.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Step 2 Farm Babe added diced onions and the ketchup spices right about 24 hours. I did the finger taste test, got the stink eye 😍

Cooking the ketchup on down @ 350 with the lid off. House smells so good πŸ‘

even after doing many batches of tomatoes and reaching the end of my patience last night (tweaked back yesterday morning lugging buckets of tomatoes) as we were peeling and chunking tomatoes last night we're both standing there taking bits and nibbles as we're going along and they smelled so good too as i was heating them and getting them put into jars.

we'll be enjoying them for the next year or two. :)

canning season is done for tomatoes. still a lot out there to eat and give away but no more canning. about 43 lbs per plant this season so far. above the average of 30 lbs by quite a bit.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ketchup, next step is running it through the blender and jaring it up.
even after doing many batches of tomatoes and reaching the end of my patience last night (tweaked back yesterday morning lugging buckets of tomatoes) as we were peeling and chunking tomatoes last night we're both standing there taking bits and nibbles as we're going along and they smelled so good too as i was heating them and getting them put into jars.

we'll be enjoying them for the next year or two. :)

canning season is done for tomatoes. still a lot out there to eat and give away but no more canning. about 43 lbs per plant this season so far. above the average of 30 lbs by quite a bit.

Glad it's a good garden year for you πŸ‘

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy and Blessed Labor Day to you all!

Took the tomatoes I had and tried to make spaghetti sauce. Big fail! So, I put on freezer bags to use as cooking base. I don't like it running but neither chucky even though I used the food processor.
Outside with hub and made my first kill of the day. Found a mouse with 2 babies under the rv tarp he had put on the floor of the duck house. Took a piece of 2x4 and smashed every rise of it. Chickens did not care for it and I guess because it was dead. Lil peeps galloped the 2 baby ones,lol. So the tarp went out. Will get some oil paint to help protect the boards instead.

Tomatoes are still getting red and I pick a few every day. Some peppers are beginning to turn red. Have to find again a dept of agriculture site I had for canning accorto my area and altitude.
Need also to find a better way to this gardening, lol Have to admit, that I am jealous of all your fields. I really enjoy everyone's pictures. So, keep them coming so I can get ideas,lol
Love and blessings to you all.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tomatoes are still getting red and I pick a few every day. Some peppers are beginning to turn red. Have to find again a dept of agriculture site I had for canning accorto my area and altitude.

you shouldn't need to adjust anything for your canning recipes for altitude in SW Michigan.

Need also to find a better way to this gardening, lol Have to admit, that I am jealous of all your fields. I really enjoy everyone's pictures. So, keep them coming so I can get ideas,lol
Love and blessings to you all.

i'm always envious of someone with good soil and not too much stuff in the way. :)