What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Put the pot in the refrigerator. Too tired and need to be up early to take hub to his light duty gig and then pick up some straw bales for the chickes,ducks and garden. Also need to pick up some 4x8 panels as well. Living in the country is a lot of work. Good thing is that the chickens,the ducks,the garden and nature makes it all worthy!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eating fresh is the best. The more I can grow and raise the more better it is for us. Just think about that this winter when the snow is flying and you are eating what you grew. You'll know what you're eating is good for you because you grew it and preserved it, It's very satisfying.

Farm babe put up several gallon bags of french fries today.
Screenshot_20220913-221509~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought you can’t put taters in freezer? I canned 3yrs ago and didn't like it.

I'm not the cook, so I would search for a recipe for more exactness of the steps and times. But I do know she blanched them. You can see the fries are nice and white, with no browning, so it appears she did an excellent job to me 👍

She informed me that hash browns are next and said something about parboiling which I must admit, went right over my head.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸