What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice haul there, CC! Plus a tremendous amount canned. You're ready for being snowed in this winter. :lol:
Why wait for snow? Started working it down a while ago. Tomato basil soup for supper tonight 😋
IMG_20221022_191626598.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
covered all the strawberries yesterday afternoon, cut back the parsley, and gave the blueberries some coffee grounds to enjoy over the winter. Today I will pull some of the last carrots, water some of the new lettuce, and see if I can get some pine needles to cover the raised beds with.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
gave the blueberries some coffee grounds to enjoy over the winter.
Thanks. Needing to dump the ash bucket a few days ago, I was asking the wife which way it changed the acidity and which way did the blueberries need. I knew wood ash was opposite of coffee grounds but couldn't remember which one the blueberries needed.
Now I know.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. Needing to dump the ash bucket a few days ago, I was asking the wife which way it changed the acidity and which way did the blueberries need. I knew wood ash was opposite of coffee grounds but couldn't remember which one the blueberries needed.
Now I know.

good thing you asked! :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i managed to get into a garden for about 15 minutes to pick some dry bean pods that were ready. first time i've done much in a garden for the past week, but i did get a bit of stuff done a few days ago when i had some chicken bones to bury so since i had a trench already dug up i pulled some defunct bean plants and put those in there too - a worm haven for the winter. :)