What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just checked that seed swap site and seems interesting. They have classes and all. I am excited and will hope to go. And it could be my birthday celebration learning new stuff!
Was just looking at ways to fence up the garden. So expensive. A post are about 11 bucks each for an 8ft treated posts. The u posts are about 10 bucks each. I want it to look decent because last year the orange construction material got eaten by rabbits, squirrels and God knows what else. But the deer netting wl be the same problem. Galvanized wire will be best but a hundred buck for 100 ft by 4ft tall. That adds up quickly!

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am--after I get the greenhouse thing built-- going to start, tomatoes, egg plant, jalapenos, those seem to take the longest to come up when I direct seed them, so if they get 1gal container size before May I'll pot them up in bigger containers. I'll wait on the zucchini.
The word greenhouse creeps my skin. Bought one and it's still laying on the garage.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Galvanized wire will be best but a hundred buck for 100 ft by 4ft tall. That adds up quickly!
😁🤣. Be glad your not fencing 15 acres!! We're talking thousands! :lol:
just don't like sitting in front of the computer most of the times.
Online you can request a catalog be sent 🙂

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I order from Gurney's because we're the only ones that sent me a catalog that I can sit and compare and read many time plus the pictures. But heard of others too. I just don't like sitting in front of the computer most of the times.
Gurneys has a nice catalog this year. But I ordered sweet corn seed from Harris.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
😁🤣. Be glad your not fencing 15 acres!! We're talking thousands! :lol:

Online you can request a catalog be sent 🙂
You are absolutely right!
I am already forking 1.5k on new washer and dryer combo. Not what I wanted but close enough. I wanted Samsung but LG is Korean as well. They make good products.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, my pullet that hatched on July 2nd, gave me her first egg today!
20230113_150439.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someone told me about heirloomseeds.com

The term heirloom means different things to different people, just so you don't get caught off guard. Could be a combination of one or more of the following.

My take on heirloom vegetable seeds.
1) Been passed down from generation to generation (human generations). Generally first marketed in the late 1800's to early 1900's.
2) Grown locally to your geographic location for many generations (seasons).
3) Is open pollinated meaning it will produce seed that will mature and be a "duplicate" of it's parent.

Feel free to correct me or add to 1-3.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸