What did you do in your garden today?

HillsideFarmHawaii.com

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
It's about time to plant since winter equinox has come and gone. There's a new variety of dwarf yellow string beans just starting to come up. Some iris that I'd gotten last summer to try in an improper zone (it's zone 11B here and I don't know if iris can handle anything above a 9 or 10) anyway, three of them are thinking of blooming. Planted merlot leaf lettuce for some red lettuce to go with the 'Crisp Mint' green romaine that does well here. Also planted some tomatoes, Brandywine Plum, I think they were. And some Rattlesnake watermelon.

There's four raised bed veggie gardens, those all need weeding and reseeding so there's still garden work to get done. Gotta clean out from under the bunny hutches to get fertilizer for the garden. Bunny 'berries' not only are an excellent fertilizer, but it saves tons of money to not have to buy fertilizer for the garden.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This time of yr many of us aren't on this thread...as you can see. 😂. Soon there will be new life, plant starts. Ground breaking, mulch, renewed energy. This is what WAS "next year". Gardeners elusive dreams. A tenacious group of people, always on the quest for more & better.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'd like to say i'm ready for spring, but i'm not.

glad to see the seed swap is planned for towards the end of February but i'm not ready for that yet either. :)

if we have mild weather i'll see some spring flowers in early March that sometimes pop up if the ground thaws out enough and we get some sunshine. 10 - 12 weeks, not too long from now...

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to keep a journal. Have no clue of what I did last year besides being late for corn,lol Would love to get ahead of things a bit. @flowerbug need to set up a meet for some beans. Let me know how much or if you want something in exchange. Have ducks and eggs,lol yeap, that crazy chicken lady has eggs,lol
I had to have hub drive me to Ann Arbor on Monday and was going to the ER there but my doctor called me and since I was by Brighton, he said would wait for me and he did. Got me on new meds and took away others. Told him that I dislike having to be on pills.

Hub is dreading like a sad puppy and I ignore. Told him that I appre iate all he is doing to help around until I get my health back up but the decision was made and there's no turning back at this point. He will need to really see all I do for him and he needs to learn to do for himself more. Maybe if he decides to do the right things, then he can try to make me love him again but for now, I am going to care for myself.

Who wants ducks? Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This time of yr many of us aren't on this thread...as you can see. 😂. Soon there will be new life, plant starts. Ground breaking, mulch, renewed energy. This is what WAS "next year". Gardeners elusive dreams. A tenacious group of people, always on the quest for more & better.
I'll just be happy if my green beans sprout the first time sowing 🙄

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I planted a few pepper and tomato seeds a couple of days ago. I also started an Air layer on my Northern Exposure tomato plant about the same time. I have lettuce coming up in the barrel my Mango tree is in.