What did you do in your garden today?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Started getting the new garden zone put together. Hubby is on a grow pot kick, I'd prefer more permanent raised beds, but we'll try these this year.

KIMG5000.JPG

Started some seeds last night, probably should have started them last month but hopefully they will still produce. Can you transplant beans or should they be direct sown? I've never grown beans before.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I walked the rows. Carrots, spinach, lettuce and beets I sowed in March are up. Also the row of spinach I planted last fall survived the winter and needs to be pulled to make room for onion, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and broccoli seedlings that are pretty much hardened off. And need to be set out in rows in the garden.

Decided not to grow sweet potatoes so not starting slips. Sent a txt to members of church. Got a taker, delivered sprouting Georgia Jet 👍

Then I remembered the box of small ones I set aside for slips. My wife said try or neighbor. So put the box of sprouting mini Georgia Jet in the back of the truck and they took them for 4H project 👍

Gardening ain't even really started yet and I'm still able to give stuff away 😁

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watered today. We didn't get nearly enough rain last week when everyone else was getting tons. We had less than an inch. But, it's easier for me to add water than to cry about having too much.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i took the ties off the fenced garden gates so i could get in there to walk around and fix the few areas where the deer had tried to run through the fence. i don't think they actually got in there but the did bend down the top of the fence and break a few poles we had up to reinforce the top of the wire fencing.

i didn't see any tracks inside the gardens themselves.

then i did some weeding and thinning of daffodils in the North Garden.