What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
as Mom often says, "That's a new one for your resume!", but i think i'd have to pass... :)

today it has been mostly me watching it rain, listening to the birdies (heard a Blue Heron this morning) and watching the snow fall and then melt in between working on my projects.

started out the day with making sure Mom's sewing machine was not broken. i'd used it yesterday to try to repair a blanket i frequently use which was showing some wear, but in spots it was too thick and the needle broke and it was also plugging up the little hole, so ...

got it all back to working and away she went. :)
Oh,no,not the sewing machine...

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gez....,so much to read. I have not been around since February.

This is what I did today. Still need to make another door for a bigger entrance. I left that one bigger to drive the mower inside if I need to.
20230419_114718.jpg20230419_114728.jpg
I still need to clean it out. Wish it was nice and flat but it is what it is.
Someone asked if I am eating what I plant. The answer is, maybe. I make tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce. I use that in cooking. Peppers I use in sofrito for cooking as well. I do not eat any lettuces but I give away and chickens love it too. Raspberries is a fight with the chickens. I guess it depends on who gets to them first,lol

I got fruit trees which I do like a bit, just not a lot but I guess I can share with my chickens.
20230404_114453.jpg
Still have other seeds that I want to plant but my living room is full. I have 2 rooms in the living room because they are being remodel at the same time. I did planted some gandules but they have not sprout yet. I might need to do them in cotton just like I did beans in third grade,lol
Oh, and the generator has been installed,yey!
20230419_115534.jpg

As I was preparing the catclaws screws, the leghorns were like little kids trying to find out what they were and if they were good to eat,lol

20230419_102310.jpg
Then since I didn't give them anything, they blocked my entrance back into the house,lol

20230419_115523.jpg

On April 13th, I did some corn planting and different kinds of tomatoes. They sprouted.
20230419_120653.jpg
I have no light on them at all. They have the heating mat under. They have turned towards the window.

20230419_120644.jpg
These are different kinds of peppers planted on the 17th.
I just wonder how big they need to be before moving them to pots. Cannot do outside because it's still some cold coming this way.
I need a tractor to get the garden flat like you guys'!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They taste delicious, lol. I like to think there's a subtle difference between them, but I might be imagining that. I'll be having some for dinner along with peas I picked today. I'll try to pay more attention to the taste.

Pulled some onions this morning and picked peas and some collards also.

1681935727340.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gez....,so much to read. I have not been around since February.

This is what I did today. Still need to make another door for a bigger entrance. I left that one bigger to drive the mower inside if I need to.
View attachment 23135View attachment 23136
I still need to clean it out. Wish it was nice and flat but it is what it is.
Someone asked if I am eating what I plant. The answer is, maybe. I make tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce. I use that in cooking. Peppers I use in sofrito for cooking as well. I do not eat any lettuces but I give away and chickens love it too. Raspberries is a fight with the chickens. I guess it depends on who gets to them first,lol

I got fruit trees which I do like a bit, just not a lot but I guess I can share with my chickens.
View attachment 23137
Still have other seeds that I want to plant but my living room is full. I have 2 rooms in the living room because they are being remodel at the same time. I did planted some gandules but they have not sprout yet. I might need to do them in cotton just like I did beans in third grade,lol
Oh, and the generator has been installed,yey!
View attachment 23140

As I was preparing the catclaws screws, the leghorns were like little kids trying to find out what they were and if they were good to eat,lol

View attachment 23141
Then since I didn't give them anything, they blocked my entrance back into the house,lol

View attachment 23142

On April 13th, I did some corn planting and different kinds of tomatoes. They sprouted.
View attachment 23138
I have no light on them at all. They have the heating mat under. They have turned towards the window.

View attachment 23139
These are different kinds of peppers planted on the 17th.
I just wonder how big they need to be before moving them to pots. Cannot do outside because it's still some cold coming this way.
I need a tractor to get the garden flat like you guys'!
Really happy to see you blessed with a generator. Calm in the storm for you here on out. Do you know if it's natural gas or propane?

Happy to see you back 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ok, I need a common name for you all,lol ladies and gentlemen, how big the tomatoes should be so I can separate them? they are about a wkk give or take. oh, wait, corn and tomatoes on the 13th and peppers on the 17th. I have put some soil in another 72 cell plate and left it on the dinning table. Things have sprout out of it, like about 12 little seedlings,lol with no water o_O I already have seeds that I will plant and I have no clue of what they are, I was not expecting more,lol

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do they taste the same or different?
Different colored carrots do have different flavors. Yellow ones are mild. Atomic Reds are a mild and very delightful red carrot excellent for snacking on right out of the ground. Purple Dragon are very sweet. Deep Purple don't have much flavor to them. The white carrots were not a favorite of mine to eat plain but were really good in ham & bean soup.

Latest posts