What did you do in your garden today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finished tilling and rowed up the second main garden area. I can start planting as soon as I'm comfortable that the weather isn't going to throw us a curveball. I still have several extra areas that I want to work up to plant some extras in. I'm going to cross my fingers and plant some sweet potatoes. Need to get my slips started.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't laugh but I'm quickly running out of chain links to raise the lights above the tomatoes. They really need to be put outside to harden off.

It may be a plant tomatoes in a trench year. It's where they get to tall and fall over. Since a tomato plant roots any time the stem touches the soil, I just dig a deep trench and plant with bit of the tops above the soil. The tomatoes develop a great root system this way so it really doesn't hurt the plants just makes it harder on the guy doing the planting.

IMG_20220318_094739805.jpg

Maybe I cared for them a little too well 🙄
IMG_20220318_094837842_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cabbages and onions I started hardening off Monday are looking great so far. Plan is to set them out in the garden late next week, since no hard frost/freeze is forecast for the foreseeable 10 days. My plans are not always Almighty's plans, so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Really windy today, which is good for hardening off, makes strong stems 👍
IMG_20220318_115250984_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine isn't due until May, you all will have to let me know the condition of your items

With FedEx Smartpost, it will eventually end up with USPS. I am not sure why it works that way but it does, or at least it has either my precious shipping experience. It is likely 'sitting' during transfer. You should see an updates tracking # within the tracking notes soon. Or you can try and track the number through USPS just add a 93 in front of your current tracking number.

Yes. I get smartpost stuff occasionally from Amazon. The post office here is quick when they get it. Fedex is always slow on anything that they ship. Usually late on delivery, too.

I always track packages. Mom has me track her meds as well because apparently computers are smarter than her now.