What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Taters on my list to plant later this week! Plus cold starting stuff...peas, etc. Gotta disc first. Couple days saved in work schedule for home....garden to dos! Best weather days. Of course. :lol:

In potting today I made a couple flats to just scatter some old seed. Figure IF ANY germinate, they'll have plenty of room to start. If better, they'll be crowded & thinned😁 if nothing...use the newer seed! Hey, try before tossing $.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I thought about a corny joke. How are rabbits and cornstalks alike? But no one probably carrot at all.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Oh my, I had to read it twice and then I laughed, hard.

Not too much in the garden today, didn't get as warm as they thought and no sun. But I did add some compost material and extra dirt to the in the ground beds. Plastic is down on the raised beds. DD7 transplanted this succulent that she got at Aldi a few weeks ago that is actually growing. I got swiss chard, spinach, beets and lettuce ready to go. Went to the farm store today for corn, no onion sets out-soon I hope. Had to run past the baby chicks, well maybe a slow jog with my neck turned around 180 degrees, lol but I didn't get any

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I really think the whole garden is planted but I did buy a sack of wild bird seeds. I would like to plant some milo in a section and see what we can get out of it and a bunch of sunflowers to help keep the bugs away from the vegetables. I gotta confess I got that idea from DH. I can get a whole lot more sunflower seeds from a 50 pound sack than a seed packet. Apparently he has done this a few times. I can put it in the garden and all around in the ragweed. The neighbor and us have been using ragweed and other things to feed the rabbits. Oh and hay…been putting hay in the garden as mulch. I love mulch.