What did you do in your garden today?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I covered my beds with plastic yesterday so they can heat up a bit quicker, I hope!

Planted 12 Concord grape cuttings, so here is hoping they take. They are on the north side of the house just chilling and hoping coming to life as natural as possible.

Measured out new spot for the next couple beds. Need to rake and level it out some. I am debating wood or galvanized bed frames....we have the wood but the galvanized will last longer and I could transport easier when we move someday.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I covered my beds with plastic yesterday so they can heat up a bit quicker, I hope!

Planted 12 Concord grape cuttings, so here is hoping they take. They are on the north side of the house just chilling and hoping coming to life as natural as possible.

Measured out new spot for the next couple beds. Need to rake and level it out some. I am debating wood or galvanized bed frames....we have the wood but the galvanized will last longer and I could transport easier when we move someday.
Haven't i read somewhere that galvanized can shed some metals that aren't a great idea for food crops??

Not sure... but maybe a thing to look into before using for a bed for edibles.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing IN, only FOR....I got out the seed trays, pans, cups, pots, you name it! Got seeds out and stuck them into dirt & peat moss. If things happen as hoped, plants should emerge. 😊. Next weekend I might have something showing 🤞🤷

I have a few FELs of composted horse manure dirt! Black and rich. Rounded up a 2x4 framed rectangle, laid it on cardboard on south side of house, topped with an old shower sliding door for a fast and free cold frame. 🙄🤣 Have boards to raise and vent as needed. Can look out my kitchen window and see it. Tomorrow I'll grab a thermometer for it, to keep watch and not cook them. I'm thinking I can make it work!

It's a start!! The prices of Bonnie plants are almost $5. We're $3-3.25 last yr. Seeds are being bought up, too. Glad I have mine!