What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's shelling peas that I love fresh. So sweet they don't need cooked.

Why yes Mom had an issue with my brothers and I raiding the garden as kids.
I would really like to try fall peas, all about timing and weather though. There's just too many plants in the garden, seems like about the time to start fall peas.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I want to play in the dirt!!!! Lol. Not quite warm enough here. I did a lot if raking, turning and adding of compost yesterday if the in ground beds, about5 inches unthawed. Will turn again today, we should get a good soaking of rain this next week and then I will turn again.

Raised beds are thawed all the way through, will turn and add compost to those today as well. Might get some lettuce and radishes planted later this week if it stays in the 40s/50s.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We set out our early seedlings so I'm giving away what we have left over. 70 early jersey wakefield cabbage, some yellow and white sweet spanish onion seedlings to a neighbor. I told my other neighbor to not go and buy tomato and bell peppers seedlings, I think I got you covered.

I'm simply shocked at the prices for garden seedlings. It might pay to build another seed shelf and sell community road side stand seedlings next year. I could sell them for far less than they are currently selling at the store for.

IDK... It's just a thought 🤔

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tomatoes! My garden treat. :drool. Always a couple cherry type plants just for that.

Yeah plants are costly this yr. Saw some for $2.99 at a groc store...better than the $5 I've seen. Only one selection though. Still. Yes, CC, you could sell a bunch for less.

The carrots grown up here in Alaska are sweeter than any I have ever tasted.
:lol: could be the snow!

I was up early. Got yesterday's piles of rakings up and into compost pile. Raked entire garden again -- tractor therapy! Upped the new draggings, so 4 barrows in pile. 😊

Want to get dirt and straw in containers to put the potatoes into. 😁 already sprouting big time, like leaves appearing! I'll know I'm gardening then. Encouraging.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I went to my garden today! 😍 perennial/biennial weeds are coming up and trying to take over! The sections I weeded in fall look good - ready to hoe.

I weeded until my hands hurt. There's a large section overgrown with grass. Some as thick as a lawn. 😣 I'll bring gloves so I can weed longer tomorrow.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ignore the weeds and mess but look! Flowers! First flowers after a LONG winter ❤️
4671221C-B5E5-4CFD-90CB-AD4B3AD96F92.jpeg