What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
first day of getting some things done outside. washed a few windows, straightened out the fence that got run over by deer and then got wood, rocks and bricks out of the way of the culvert at the end of the drive so the excavator can get in there whenever we can get it done. i stopped after one side because i'd not done much work outside since the last time it snowed so i didn't want to overdo it. came in and took a bit of a rest. :) still feel good though so i didn't do too much. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm babe, tractor and I dug 14 holes for grapes. The sun is beating down, but supposed to rain tomorrow and some next week. So to hopefully to prevent sun scorched leaves, we'll plant the grapes this evening.
IMG_20220410_145525176_HDR.jpg

Planted a dormant rhubarb that didn't come back this year. 1 out of 3 didn't make a comeback.

Worked some more on the water gap for the back pasture. Got the heavy duty gate thingy stood up and stabilized. Pounded a few 8 foot t posts. Just need to wire hammer stretch some more barb wire to fill in gaps, I can still get under the bottom wire on the banks

Kind of dragging today, not enough sleep last night

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I took an old rake handle and marked the rows and circles for hills to plant. So very windy, no seeds were attempted! But we've had rain and it marked up well😁. Even drew up a paper map to know what to put where before the dirt drawings. Wow, bored or organized?? :lol: 🤔 :lol: :idunno hope abounds.
I really hope you and everyone has a great garden this year. Eat what you can, can what you can't 😋.

Happy Palm Sunday, everyone.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 14°F here. No planting anything in the garden yet. There are tomatoes blooming in the greenhouse and in the living room.
I was just at Rural King, tomato plants are $4.79 each. Just think about that and you'll feel better about living room tomatoes 😉

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was just at Rural King, tomato plants are $4.79 each. Just think about that and you'll feel better about living room tomatoes 😉

The ones in the living room are the Northern Exposure tomatoes that you can't buy for any price since Burpee's discontinued them. They are not only blooming but also have tomatoes on them.

Latest posts