What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
put up a bit of fence to maybe cut down on deer traffic. not really anything permanent, but it's what i had. :)

watered, weeded a wee bit, hunted a wabbit, buried wabbit, two other wabbits were out there, didn't get a good shot at either of them, but at least they were chased off to know this isn't a place for them to hang out.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I may have fallen and bumped my head for agreeing to plant a 50 row of zucchini. Do you realize how much zucchini potential there is in a 50 foot row?
IMG_20220623_190829938.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I weeded a potato row, tilled in-between rows, set up my sprinklers watered 1/2 garden. Then I saw this a baby acorn squash. I looked over my shoulder at the garden and said yep little baby acorn squash you just made my day,

I really like to eat acorn squash. Look, ain't it just the cutest.
IMG_20220623_190817701.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can plant now. Which means tilling yet again. Should be good weather now. The lowest spots should be drained enough by tomorrow

I got part done and will finish tomorrow. Hopefully my tomato seedlings can get in this weekend.

Maybe I can convince hubby to help me with some straw out there too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can plant now. Which means tilling yet again. Should be good weather now. The lowest spots should be drained enough by tomorrow

I got part done and will finish tomorrow. Hopefully my tomato seedlings can get in this weekend.

Maybe I can convince hubby to help me with some straw out there too.
YES finally 💃

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hand weeded..turned some soil with tater fork. Cut Kale, turnip greens, lettuce and some swiss chard. Picked Black Raspberries and mulberries. Transplanted 3 small spireas. Transplanted 4 raspberries from edge of oats to a new spots & cut back a few others. Pruned some broken branches out of cherry trees. Pulled a few sun flowers..weeded one asparagus patch...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a few onions that bulb triggered, keeping them in water is proving to be challenging. But they were just a little black seed this winter when I sowed them in seed trays. So I'm not about to give up the battle. Homemade nitrogen fertilizer worked great 👍

Just a bit of old school gardening I learned long ago, from someone a lot smarter than I am. For plants that need a lot of nitrogen to grow big and strong, like cabbages and onions for example. When weeding don't pull the clover. Clover is a natural nirogen fixation plant. Meaning it produces nitrogen from the air and fixates it in it's roots. Onions are also shallow rooted so as both grow together, clover helps supply some nitrogen to the onion via the onions roots. It's kind of like companion planting but wild instead of purposely placed. Clover doesn't compete very much at all with sunlight or moisture. It's happy with just a little bit of water and being in semi shade. So it's like a win/win

You'll notice clover growing in with my onion pics I posted. it's not because I'm lazy and didn't weed the clover and it's not because I sowed clover either. It just likes to grow in with onions by its own choice. Clover a weed? Sometimes like when growing in with tomatoes but it's most definitely not a weed for onions.
IMG_20220621_173350763_HDR.jpg

Last edited: