What did you do to save $ today?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Poppycat...You rock!!! That is awesome that you knew what part was wrong and then fixed it on your own!! I bet it feels extra warm in your house now!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
butter on PB sandwiches? never heard of that one, but then again, I don't like PB so it wouldn't surprise me..LOL

Tony loves PB. Good thing too cause when I get it cheap I stock up and it sure is an easy sandwich to make!

yea I hear you on the sale. I am going to do the same thing....something so small like butter. Doesn't take up alot of room and freezes great......me too, a years supply when on sale is a smart thing to do! :)
Mmmm big chunks of hard butter...about an inch of peanut butter, and top with rasberry jam...that is my kind of sandwich. I do this with pancakes too:>) Yummy! I know I know...but I don't believe in the high cholestrol theory LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA
in all that cold weather you are having, you need a layer of fat on the old bones just to survive!!!!

Tony does that....tons of melting butter on each pancake!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
HA HA HA
in all that cold weather you are having, you need a layer of fat on the old bones just to survive!!!!

Tony does that....tons of melting butter on each pancake!
Tel him to try putting peanut butter on top of all that melting butter...then top with jam or syrup...ohhhh he hasn't had a treat until he's had that!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:p As long as we are eating pancakes, you guys should try eggnog pancakes! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
:p As long as we are eating pancakes, you guys should try eggnog pancakes! :D
Ohhhh that is something I would enjoy...just replace the milk in them with eggnog? Or are you talking pouring eggnog over them with lots of butter???

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I like a little bit of french toast or pancakes with my butter too!! And a little bit of sandwhich to go with my mayo!!! I love anything that is drowning in condiments, sauces, or cheese!!! YUM!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea morel PB on the pancakes would be a good combo for Tony since he likes it alot!

thanks--will mention it to him.

yea and I agree with PP.....the main food doesn't matter much, it is the delish sauces, syrups, etc. that are added that make it great! HA HA HA

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Ohhhh that is something I would enjoy...just replace the milk in them with eggnog? Or are you talking pouring eggnog over them with lots of butter???
LOL, you are too much!

There are two ways you can do it, depending upon what is in your fridge. You can replace the milk with eggnog and add a touch more nutmeg, or you can do the following:

Eggnog Pancakes

2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 to 1 tsp nutmeg (or to taste)

2 cups milk
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla

(mix dry ingredients in large bowl, mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until just combined).

That will make you enough to serve 4 + people. You can refrigerate any leftovers, but use them reasonably soon.

--OR--

What I do is make half that recipe (for 2 people). I use one fresh egg and one "ice cube" (egg cube?) of thawed frozen egg. If you don't have any frozen eggs, you will probably have to use another half of a fresh egg.

Please note!:
1. I use duck eggs, which are larger than chicken eggs, so it might work fine with 2 chicken eggs. What I find is that with 2 duck eggs it tends to become more omelety in texture and less eggnoggy. Experiment and find what works for you.

2. I don't use butter IN my pancake batter. I save it to melt and smother on top, because I think it makes a bigger impact that way. ;) If you want traditional pancakes, then make sure you add melted butter or oil to this recipe. :)

3. We top our pancakes with real maple syrup.

I hope that was thorough enough. LOL

Enjoy!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks Drake! i am going to try that recipe...wonder what eggnog pancakes would tast like with PB? LOL! Definitely going to try the pancakes though! thanks again