What do you do to cut expenses down?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I used to love to sew, but my vision now makes it more of a pain than a joy. I will occasionally knock off a sewing project, but it is now a chore instead of a pleasure.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How do you like the dehydrated products, now that you've had time to try them?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sub title: saving money on rx meds:

Trying to get resp rx. filled for me. MD office requires a telephone appointment with me so they can get their $$$ out of me. Then... rx will be provided. In the mean time, I'm doing homework. One pill is $500+ for a 3 month supply. (out of pocket cost) I have a 500 deductible, which means I must pay that before ANYTHING is covered. Called insurance company back. Rep mentioned a program called "Good RX." Have any of you used this? My research tells me that I can get this med for less than $11/mo. That seems like a no brainer to me.

Insurance rep also told me to demand a pharmacy test claim. Called back local pharmacy (after they quoted the >$500 price, asked for a test claim, and they quoted $15.00 for a 90 day supply. So... either pharmacy or insurance company is out to lunch.

That's Bassawkwords

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i'm so glad i was able to come up with a routine for dealing with my pollen reactions. wash and rinse works very well for me, haven't needed any meds for years and no sinus infections either.

I like NasalCrom. Cheap, OTC, and no need to take systemic medication

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that we have a lot of new members and it's been a long time since we had a thread about what we do to save money. Maybe the new folks would have a new way we hadn't thought about and maybe some of the oldsters wouldn't mind repeating their advice just one more time?

After that, maybe we could sticky it?
10 Simple Ways to Curb Your Expenses Cut back and/or bundle telephone and Internet utilities, Stop being a pet lover, Watch what you eat, Boost your debt and lower interest rates, Minimize energy usage, Cultivate a Garden, Stop smoking, Minimize your premiums.