What do you do with milk crates?

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tommywalnuts said:
I used a bunch once wired together to make a shelving unit/entertainment center(back when I was single lol).
AHH!! how funny!

I used concrete blocks and 2 x 8's!!! of course I painted them so it wasn't so trashy!!!

oh, the memories!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I have about 10 5 gallon buckets that I love to death and use for alot of those same things. I love the growing veggie idea. I'd love more details on how you do that. Do you use it like a raised bed or hang it up to take advantage of height?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
"What do you do with milk crates?"

Steal them every chance I get! :gig
We use them for just about EVERYTHING! They come in pretty handy when picking stuff out of the garden, hauling canned goods to the pantry, they make great step stools and they are handy when hauling small items in the back of your pickup truck!
Another very handy item to have around, are those small shopping baskets. :ep :duc :hide

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I have milk crates in my coops. I turn them upside down and set feeders/waterers on them.

Reaction score
Put them over the cat to see if they can get out. It's fun to watch them push it around the garage.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
I have 4 I keep in the trunk of my car so when I go to the store I put my canvas bags of groceries in them so they dont roll around all over the place. It also keeps my emergency car stuff in one place-jumper cables, flares,and all that good stuff. They are very handy to have!